Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Changing Color of png

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Changing Color of png

I am working on Modern Photography & Cinematography | Radiance Photography Studio, and have a mockup from the client - it's the jpg below.

The social meida icons in the mockup are red. I found some, but they are grey or black.

When I zoom on one of the icon png files and fill with the red, it looked bad.

How do I change the color so it look good?

Radiance Mockup.jpg1403152527_instagram_circle_gray.png1403152523_linkedin_circle_gray.png1403152475_google_circle_gray.png1403152445_youtube_circle_gray.png

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    I normally use illustrator for things like this. To be quite honest im not as familiar with photoshop as i use to be. You could try to use the adjustments found inside of the Image menu. It may not be called that but i believe its the option right next to the Edit menu at the top of the screen. There are a few options in there that could essentially do the trick.

Like i said me personally i would be using illustrator and just recreate it. That option may not work for you but you may try the "live trace" tool. I believe it was introduced in CS5 so that may also not be an option for you. If you can do that it would be as simple as loading the icon into illustrator clicking a few buttons, changing the color to the color you wish and saving.
    satindertech likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    I just realized.. Since the background is transparent you could probably just use the option in the layer styles called "color overlay" to find this option double click on the icon layer and go to color overlay. From there you SHOULD be able to easily change the color to any color of your choice. It also should be available on all PS versions.
    satindertech likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Yep, right click on the icon in the Layer window and select Blending Options and then set Color Overlay to the color you would like. The only issue with this is if once you set the color overlay you will not be able to change the blend mode (like, screen, overlay) of the graphic, it will remain overlayed, which is no big deal. I personally tend to use the different blend modes.
    satindertech likes this.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    There is another way to do this .
    Choose the layer of the icon with color you want to change . Now push "Ctrl+U" - now the Colour/Saturation window appears . You should set the option "Colorise"
    . Now move the slider at the top - from left to right the colour of image will change .

I hope I have helped .
    satindertech likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I try css and I research the coding easily to Change the font and color
    satindertech likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    You can do this by using clipping path .If you know clipping path ,if not try to contact any clipping path expert,basically it's told background sharper or noice clean in graphics design.
    satindertech likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Are you talking about the "R" at the foot of the jpg? If so then sense you are working with a PNG you need to understand that some PNG files are able to retain layers. The "R" on the footer seems like the red that is different so I am assuming that this is the element in question. It looks to me that the "R" may be under the transparent black footer. If this is the case it doesn't matter if the actual element is the same color as the other red elements it will always show up as a different color as long as it is under the transparent footer. The footer is tinting the elements color making it look desaturated. It is a quick and simple fix. Go to the layers pannel and start going down the list of layers and clicking on the show/hide layer box or the icon on each layer that looks like an eye. when the eye disapears it means the layer is hidden. Click on it again and the eye will re-appear signifying the layer is visable. Click the eye on each layer till the problemed element disapears then click and drag that layer to the top of the list or at very least above the layer of the transparent footer. This should fix your problem.

Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    When I look at it I get the impression that the problem isn't the red, it is the grey lettering inside the red. I think if that were white it would match the other text in the menu bar and look much better.

Another route to go would be to just find new icons and paste them over the old ones in the file.

Member #
    Just click on the layer or layers for the icons, select Blending Options, and use Color Overlay.

By the way, your icons are very close together. I would space them out a bit so they have some room.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads