Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Should I create my resumé using Photoshop or Illustrator?

Member #
    Liked
    189 times
    Adobe InDesign is a much used program in my businesses. We used Adobe Pagemaker at first but never looked back when we tried InDesign,

Here's you a free legit download of InDesign CS2 with Adobe serial numbers.

Adobe InDesign CS2 Download - TechSpot
    Last edited by bleau canon; Jan 24th, 2016 at 02:34 PM.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Yea Vapr_Arts, you're right about InDesign, it's the best for a resume. I still used Illustrator and it works fine too. I used it just for icon work on the resume and the text feature.

For the dimensions kakaka1, I found this website helpful: https://resumegenius.com/resume/resu...per-guidelines

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    InDesign may be specified for the task of page layout but there are also other factors to take into consideration.*

What type of jobs are you applying for? Most graphic design businesses may be able to view your resume no matter what program you are using to create it in. Remember this is not always the case. Other types of jobs may not support any of the formats produced by indesign. Most businesses here in the US perfer an applicant to use a text file of some sort like the types produced by Microsoft Word, Word Perfect or other similar software. City and county jobs require that you use their resume creator to apply to openings. So this is the best thing I can tell you The trick isn't in having one perfect resume it is in having multiple resumes with the same information.*

If your resume is aimed at Graphic Design then yes the designated software is Indesign and this is best if you are not an experienced graphic designer. In this case you want to follow the guides and specifications.*

As an experienced Graphic Designer knows the rules only apply to teach you the basics of the trade and with experience breaking those rules can result in better creations. I would primarily use Indesign but as for making some of the elements I would use Illustrator and import them into indesign.*

Also keep in mind this is the digital age where even resumes aren't limited to being printed out.*

In conclusion I am not saying using InDesign is right or wrong or using Illustrator or PhotoShop is correct or incorrect I am saying there are many different factors to take into consideration in choosing how to create your resume(s).
    satindertech likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    Much like Bleau Canon I used to use Pagemaker and changed to InDesign and never looked back. That is what I would suggest to do your resume. If you need vector art for a logo or photos to illustrate your work they could be done in Illustrator or PhotoShop and imported. You will have a lot more flexibility with layout and text with InDesign and that is the way I would suggest.

Member #
    I prefer InDesign for this matter, I've never seen a resumé in Photoshop. You can edit photos you want to use in your resumé though.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    In Resume..
    I prefer using Microsoft word

Member #
    It's an amazing question! I have never tried Photoshop or Illustrator for resume creation purposes. If you love PS then create other genres of things like: website, business cards, flyers, brochures etc.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I have been creating my CV with Photoshop for several years now. I've heard and seen it myself, that this is not the right tool at all to design a résumé.

I never used the other tools from the Adobe suite, but I'm thinking of In Design, Illustrator, Fireworks.

Member #
    You can probably make the process easier by using resume templates... You can either edit them or base your new design off them also.. Like these for instance:
    https://creativemarket.com/3Angle/60...ume-Collection

Junior Member josephfranklin166's Avatar
    Member #
    I Don't think so. You can Create easily on word-pad than why you are moving to these adobe and other kind of software.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads