Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have a problem with the scroll bar!
    I've try to load an external file. But when I run the test movie, the scroll bar just stay in there an do nothing. I still can scroll the text by selectin it and drag in it down. But the scroll bar doesn't work! Any help with this thing? I'm running Flash MX. And I think as my self as an intermediate not an expert.

Here is how I'm doing it.

First - I create the dynamic text box. Select the multiple line from property inspector. Make the text box scrollable. Double-click the text box, insert the scroll bar from "components".
    Second -on a different layer, I use action script to load the external file (I use the non-expert mode).
    Test the movie ... and like I say ... the scroll bar is looking like a background :dead: ! What is wrong?

Hope I will receive an answer soon!

Member #
    Could you post the code of your site so I/we can have a look - it looks like you have an extra property you don't need - or else your movie is too big :S
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Well ... I was working on the web site. But before I use a new thing, I always do a test.
    So I have opend a new page, select Text Tool, choose the dynamic text option, drag teh box on stage. Then I have choose multiple line from Line type and enter a variable name on "var." box - "testing".
    I was already have atext saved as txt. named "fortest.txt". And yes, the first thing that was write on that file was : testing= and the text.

For the action script part, I've create a new layer. The action that I haved give it was:

loadVariablesNum("fortest.txt", 0);

The thing is that it does load my text ... but the scroll bar it doesn't work (and I really need to get that - I want to use scroll bar and the external ".txt" so if I will need to upload new information I will only have to change the file ... and that's it)

Member #
    only thing I would know how to do is create a seperate .swf that has text already inside dynamic text box with scrollbars. (with scrollbars working)

then just load the .swf where you want it.

Remove Ads