Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Help with school work - Short Questionnaire about Stock Content Websites

Hi there, could you please find a minute or two to fill out this questionnaire? I am a high-school student with interest in graphic design/photography and the subject of my school assignment are stock content websites and their commercial use by professionals in design, media, advertising. I am looking for insights about how these websites are used, if paid or free websites are preferred, what are their strengths/weaknesses, etc. Your help would be really appreciated! Thank you very much in advance!

http://goo.gl/forms/xslgyNfGxW

Member #
    Liked
    545 times
    Done, but I would like to add somethings. One, as a designer I like to create all the visuals myself. This includes taking the photographs. You as a photographer know that photos tell stories, and while you may find a stock photo that is very close to what you want, its almost impossible. Then you have to consider that the "good" photos are usually overused by everyone making it less effective. So I hardly use stock photography, unless its for something that I personally have no means of taking a photo.

I also despise the fact that we have no guarantee that the person who uploaded the image has the rights to allow us to use it. For that reason alone I avoid free stock photos. I know it doesn't completely protect me from the issue but it makes me a little more comfortable.

I know you left a space for me to "rant" so to speak on your form, but I am on mobile and it was impossible to keep up with what I was writing because of how small the input window was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    2795 times
    Pretty much what Vapr_Arts said. I use stock photos rarely, and when I do I log where the photo came from and not the license. That way, if I'm ever approached about it, I can name the ultimate culprit.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    545 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    Pretty much what Vapr_Arts said. I use stock photos rarely, and when I do I log where the photo came from and not the license. That way, if I'm ever approached about it, I can name the ultimate culprit.
    Ive gone as far as screen grabbing the receipt. Probably overkill, but its 3seconds of reassurance for me. Ive only done it a very few times but I figured that way if a client gets approached then I can also reassure the client as well. I don't want my clients to ever worry about something like that even for a little while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    If you are a student than it's better if you done this by your own self.

Member #
    Liked
    2795 times
    James: do you understand what he's asking you to do?
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

hnd
    Member #
    Assignment help services offered in UK covers large number of areas and almost all universities located in United Kingdom. Assignment help in UK which is offered in some of the major universities that include University of Warwick, UKCBC, Kings College, Icon college of Technology and management, St Parick’s college, London School of business & finance, Manchester University and many more. Students from these universities are dealing with us since more than 7 years so as to accomplish their assignments and achieve their dreams. HND Assignment Help team offers easy, reliable and high quality assignment help services in UK with the best price guarantee. So, come and experience the best in class services from assignment help in UK.

Remove Ads