Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have an easy one for all you techies, flashies, or whatever you want to be called out there.

I have been working on a site and have figured everything out except for one thing! My Animated logo!!
    I have been trying everything for about 4 months now and still cannot figure out how to do this

This logo is an M built out of 7 triangles. Each triangle must spin indpendant of all other triangles. Preferably vertically but will accept horizontally. This motion will be continuous. The logo is going to be at the top left hand corner of each page in the site therefore it needs to be small and not have a white background to it.

I have built it in flash but I dont think this is what I want. If it is how do I not have the background show and shrink it?

I have tried gif animators. I have got one triangle to spin but have not figured how to do all the triangles like I need them. Do I draw a gif in paint of all the triangles together as the m then another gif file that is the same thing but all the triangles on their side, and so on?

Please help me, I dont think I can take anymore of this pain!!!!(Me banging my head against the wall)

Member #
    Have you tried using Swift 3D?

that would be my suggestion

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Swift 3D might be overkill for this.

If you're using flash, you shouldn't create GIFs for the animation. Flash is a vector-based app, so you'd be best off recreating the logo in flash itself and using tweening to make it look like it's spinning.

If you could either provide a bit more info or post images, we could probably get it done for you.

An example of what you can do in flash with vectors to simulate 3D spinning objects can be seen on my company website at http://www.transio.com

Member #
    actually from the desctription, swift3d does sound like the perfect and least time consuming answer.

I'm sure you could do something like this outside of swift, but it would not be as simple, and your results would differ.

But, I have faith in transio!

Member #
    heres a real quick example i made in swift..

I'm sure it's definately not the desired effect, but it gives you an idea of swift3d.

this took me 10mins max.

http://www.gabeonline.com/spinTriLogo.swf

Member #
    The logo I would like to animate can be seen at
    http://www.magneforcess.com

Again what I would like it to have this logo sitting at the top of each page (in a much smaller scale)with each triangle spinning one at a time.

Thanks for your help on this.

Banned
    Member #
    you can build in flash and save as gif, seem to recall theres an option somewhere if you want transparency

Remove Ads