Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have to do a project for my Typography class that requires me to do 90 one page layouts using the same text, and the same two fonts. I've chosen two fonts that have about 20 different weights - medium, heavy, oblique, medium oblique, medium heavy, etc. These weights show up in Illustrator, but they don't show up in QuarkXpress. I'll need to use these different weights in the layouts, where can I find these in Quark? I really don't want to have to do the project in Illustrator, because that will mean I'll have to make 90 different files.

Mon
    Member #
    This is very strange... if you have the fonts activated, you have to see the different weights. Maybe is a problem of the tipography.

Do you use Mac or PC? If you use Mac whit OSX and Quark whit OS9, you have to configure the computer to take the fonts in OS9. Why donīt use Indesign? If you use Pc... I don't know.

Member #
    I'm using a PC. I've seen QuarkXpress for the Mac, and I've seen where these weights should show up. I don't see the weights anywhere though on my PC. I've resorted to doing this project in Illustrator, where I see all the weights, although I wouldn't mind doing the second half of it in Quark. Thanks for your response!

Remove Ads