Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Photoshop output quality advantage over GIMP?

The web video script that I’m modifying adds a watermark to uploaded videos. I’m trying to find a solution where the watermark image .png doesn’t look blurry in the ‘full screen’ mode.

The watermark.png is just text. Would using photoshop have an advantage of as to the quality output of a .png image opver GIMP?

And any ideas or solutions to keep the image sharp not blurry (upon resizing) is welcomed

Junior Member FirstFortuneMarketing's Avatar
    Member #
    The difference between an export using Photoshop and GIMP would be minimal if any difference at all, at comparable settings. Are you able to replace the PNG with SVG? SVG supports transparency, is vector, and lightweight. You won't have issues with blur on stretching. If PNG is a must you might have to load a larger version and scale down for the non full screen version, or 2 different PNG files.

Member #
    Both programs are positive in my mind! You just find what works best for you. I use Photoshop because I use it for every purpose related to photo. It's professional. Yes, you can say the Gimp has a lot of features and it will be the best free alternative to Photoshop.

Member #
    Photoshop is kinda heavy as for me. I'm not a pro so I prefer something less complex. For a long time, I've been working with https://picverse.com/. Maybe you'll find it useful.

Member #
    Yes, you can say the Gimp has a lot of features and it will be the best free alternative to Photoshop.
    Gimp has got some nice photo effects too, At least, had once.

Remove Ads