Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have a drawing and i would like to color it on my comp. I have already scanned it at 600dpi. I found one tutorial on making lineart to get the sharp black lines, then coloring it; but its really confusing. Anyone know of a place to find a good tutorial about it?

Member #
    There was a tutorial in a recent issue of Web Pages Made Easy on using Fireworks to do this I think, I don't know of any on the web though sorry.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Hey

Do you have Photoshop or PSP? If you do, you can color your picture in the program.

>Make a new layer
    >Set the blending mode to color (in Photoshop at least), choose your color and brush away!

Just repeat the last step to finish the whole image. If color doesn't work, you might try normal with reduced opacity or overlay (color works best though)

Have Fun!
    [Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Member #
    It's not the most convenient
    way, and I don't know where you're gonna use the image
    for. But if you've got Flash try: http://www.flashfilmmaker.com
    there is a tutorial about coloring scanned images.
    "You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy and the tallest guy in the National Basketball Association is Chinese."

Member #
    ok for software i have the entire Adobe Suite [all up to date with upgrades] and Painter Classic.

The purpose it to just have a still image scanned [inpencil] and turn it into a sharply outlined [in black] and colored parts [i.e. clothes, eyes, face, etc.] on the inside; all on the computer. Does that make sense? I've been searching for tutorials on scanning and coloring images but all i find are books and the sites i find have very bad directions and make no sense whatsoever.

Remove Ads