Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    I've been thinking about it for a while now, I'd like to spruce up the look of my website. Mainly, I've been thinking of just changing the graphics, and not actually modify any of the templates, to make it a lot easier. But I'm a bit unsure of exactly what I want to do.

You can see the current version here: http://www.nahallan.com
    and take a look at the forums too, as the design will carry over to there as well

I'd like to keep the basic idea of the site there. Metal-ish borders, darker metal insets, and the overal red-grey color scheme.

What I've been thinking is making the metal less rusty, and more of a shiny metal, without going the route of the overdone shiny, brushed metal. And make the red background darker, so it contrasts more with the text, making it easier to read.

What do you think?
    Visit Nahallan.com for game development, a webcomic, articles and more.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    My general thoughts on redesign:

If you're sure you want to do it, start from the bottom and save nothing.

If you are just unhappy because your site is too simple, keep the current look and add content.

Member #
    It may be easier to do what transio suggested, but if you want to keep the design, taking out the rust effect to add a brushed metal effect will really make your design contrast with the dark layout (black and red) so you may need to tweak the colors.

Good luck,
    [Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Originally posted by DeadMan384AD
    I've been thinking about it for a while now, I'd like to spruce up the look of my website. Mainly, I've been thinking of just changing the graphics, and not actually modify any of the templates, to make it a lot easier. But I'm a bit unsure of exactly what I want to do.

You can see the current version here: http://www.nahallan.com
    and take a look at the forums too, as the design will carry over to there as well

I'd like to keep the basic idea of the site there. Metal-ish borders, darker metal insets, and the overal red-grey color scheme.

What I've been thinking is making the metal less rusty, and more of a shiny metal, without going the route of the overdone shiny, brushed metal. And make the red background darker, so it contrasts more with the text, making it easier to read.

What do you think?
    ya... i think just change

[1] gradient.. of borders
    [2] reduce the size of bevel
    [3] increase little size of header...

i really impressed the way you integrated design in forum

great work

Member #
    Re: Re: Want to do a website redesign

Originally posted by dotcommakers
    ya... i think just change

[1] gradient.. of borders
    [2] reduce the size of bevel
    [3] increase little size of header...

i really impressed the way you integrated design in forum

great work
    1. not quite sure what you mean?
    2. Yeah good point, definatly will do that
    3. wha? You mean make the header bigger?

integrating the design was a LOT of work

Thank you

Banned
    Member #
    By my opinion you really need redesign of this site.

Regards

Member #
    Ok I've been working on the new layout and design. Right now, its got a few alignment problems yet to be ironed out, a few of which arent there in mozilla, but in mozilla the post title text appears beneath the avatar.

Click here to see the WIP 1

First of all, what do you think? Honestly? And yes those "advertise here" images will change before I upload. They were made real quick to fill up the space. Also, unless I actually get somebody who wants to advertise from the spot in the main column, I'll take that out.

Secondly, help me fix the alignment bugs!
    There seems to be a gap between the header and the rest of the page. They are in seperate tables, and I cant see anything that would cause the gap. This is not a problem in mozilla.

The other thing that always pisses me off, is trying to keep the main column(middle one with the news post) expandable, but all the other columns the same size, without getting squished in different resolutions or large images in the main column. a percentage seems to get it just about right, but it'll only work on MY screen.... I doubt on anybody elses... or in other browsers... thoughts?

Member #
    thats an improvement but there is alot of blank grey space in the top right that really makes the site look unatractive, incorporate that part into a gpx or change the color to black and border it with somethin. it still needs more work.
    KRS-ONE....Knowledge Reigns Supreme Over Nearly Everyone....

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    can you send good resoltion image?

can you send good resoltion image?

Member #
    Originally posted by DeltaWeb
    thats an improvement but there is alot of blank grey space in the top right that really makes the site look unatractive, incorporate that part into a gpx or change the color to black and border it with somethin. it still needs more work.
    True. Hmmm.... I could probably make it part of the header.... Yeah I'll tweak that area a bit and make it look a bit better. Where else does it need work tho?

good resolution image? that is good resolution! unedited screenshot! You run at too high a res

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads