Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Ahh!

Something bad happened to my Photoshop and I'm wondering if anyone can help me fix it:

I was working on a project then added an inner shadow to my project from the layers pallete. Now all it says at the top is "Click and drag to reposition the effect." And all I can do is reposition the effect, I can't save, I can't undo, I can't deselect. In fact, if I try to click on anything in Photoshop, windows beeps at me! Anyone know how to fix this?

[Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Sounds like you've got a stuck button, perhaps CTRL, SHIFT, or ALT. Try tapping all of the buttons on the keyboard to unstick which ever one it is. If it's a SW problem (doubt it), try ESC.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Sorry, that didn't help. I tapped all instances of CTRL, ALT, SHIFT and ESC on my keyboard 3+ times and still nothing. I can use other programs just fine but for some reason I can't work in Photoshop.

EDIT: If I hold down CTRL I can zoom in and ALT I can zoom out... Maybe I'm in some kind of edit mode that I'm not aware of? I can't use any tools or any menus either.

[Li] Brad

Member #
    i have had something similar to this happen, i could only use the color black, i couldn't use anything else. All i had to do was update and it was fixed. maybe if you search for updates it'll help.
    KRS-ONE....Knowledge Reigns Supreme Over Nearly Everyone....

Member #
    Alright thanks everyone, still couldn't solve the problem so I have had to close it down without saving

(Mods you can close this thread)

[Li] Brad

Banned
    Member #
    hmm pretty weird, the 'click and drag' text only appears while you're still editing the layer style, and you can zoom also, and not click anything else..that is until you close the 'layer styles' box. seems when you went to apply the style, the 'layer style' box, for whtever reason, didnt close properly, this explains all the effects you were getting. Maybe the window was still open but had become hidden, we'll never know..

DeltaWeb
    you sure you werent just in grayscale mode?

JR
    Member #
    Did you try CTRL + S?
    JR

Remove Ads