Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have decided to add a Flash section the my website. I want this Flash section to have a full 3d world. It is basically only going to be there to impress people, and to help me get jobs for people asking for Flash.

Now, I have spent the last 2 days learning Maya, and was considering making my whole 3d video in Maya. I could throw up some particle effects and collisions, toss in some dynamic lighting, and export it to Flash. Sadly, it wouldn't be interactive, but it would be cool looking.

Alternatively, I code actually try to code a 3d engine in Flash. It would probably take me twice as long (not a problem really, I have 2 contacts now anyway and could use the experience) and might not look as impressive (doubt Flash has good performance with real particle engines, would loose many effects like fire and smoke, physics might suck...) but, It could be fully interactive. They could walk around with the arrow keys and stuff...

So, I dunno. I know either choice will give me a big file that probably wouldn't work on more than 70% of computers, but, I really want to 'wow' people, and you just can do it with gifs.

I am kinda opting towards Maya at this point. If I decide on it I will spend a couple weeks figuring everything out and deciding on a theme before I do anything. Whole site is really up in the air right now, so, I dunno. What should I do?

Remove Ads