Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi,

I have to do a small web project for Uni to do with interactiive art.
    My idea is to put some sculptures on a turntable, video them turning round, then import them into Flash MX in line with the timeline.

That's about as far as my Flash skills go I'm afraid, but I am used to programming in lingo for Director. I want the user to be able to navigate through the frames of the digital video clip using a slider or even better just by dragging the picture - seemingly turning the sculptures around.

I am very short on time as I have four assignments to complete over Christmas so any help would be extremely gratefully received.

I am sure it is possible, just don't know how at the minute.

Please, please let me know if you can help.

Thank you,

Kieron in Stafford, England.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    i am using.. mx 2004 here you can import video files as mpeg and avi... so you have to do is just video your scupture and export it in pc as mpeg of avi format and import in flash mx... i hope you have cable for camera to pc ...

when you import video... create new layer and create buttons step by step in frames.. as you have different stage in movie to show ...

is it ok?

Member #
    Thanks for responding, I do have a basic capture card and cable which I can plug my analogue camcorder into. Which compression format to you think would be best?

Someone on another forum has just pointed out that Flash MX has a demo of exactly what I want to do..so coding shouldn't be too difficult now.

The demo file if you are interested is located at;
    "Flash MX\Samples\html\Import_video.htm"

Thanks again.

Now off to make a turntable and steal some sculptures!

Remove Ads