Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    What is the best way to use images created in Photoshop 7 in Dreamweaver MX? If th photoshop image is rounded and i do not want to slice the image, can i import the rounded photoshop image into Dreamweaver with a transparant background??? What file format is best to do this effectivley???? I have considered using Golive because of it's smart intergartion with P.S and Live Motion.....but decided agaisnt it due to so many bad reviews and comparrissons to Dreamweaver MX Please help me!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    hummm

hummmm

i think you should expeort image as gif and remove matte

Member #
    Can someone explain this in more detail?

Member #
    To use rounded corners without slicing you need to save the file as a GIF and have transparency on. In the dialogue box when you go to save as a GIF, it will ask you if you want to have transparenncy. Also, if you know what color will go around the rounded image, you can just put that color as a background and save it as you normally would. Keep in mind that if it is an extreme curve or one that is quite large, there will be area that you cannot put any text in unless you set the picture as a background image.

[Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Member #
    I have a few questions regarding Photoshop 7.0, ImageReady and Dreamweaver.

Here's my situation. I want to create an image in photoshop that I am going to use as a background image. I want it to span all the way down the page. This image will include a logo and text. The Catch is that I need the text parts of the image to act as buttons for navagating my website. Is this possible?

Secondly, How you do you implement rollovers made in ImageReady into Dreamweaver?

Thanks in advance

Member #
    Please don't hijack other people's threads, or double post.

Member #
    yes it is possible to do what you say. the way i would do it is to save the image on photoshop (save for web) then open in dreamweaver. there is a polgoy link tool in dreamweaver, use this to draw around the desired link area.
    this should work sorry not to be of more help

Member #
    Hum.

First of all, I would suggest making your own matte to insure your round edge is smooth. In other words, since HTML deals in squares, save your image as a square, with a solid background color and then implement the same background color into your HTML, seemless! This won't work, however if you have a background.

Also, I for one LOVE GoLive. I was introduced to it a few months ago and I have not opened DW since! I know for myself that I didn't use it for the longest time because I was familiar with DW and I liked DW, etc. But, once I learned GoLive... DW is dust!

I could go on!
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Remove Ads