Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I've designed a site in FW and exported to DW with slices. I now have a nicely done "top" and "left" portion of the site. I used this existing layout as a template.

I now want to add content to the "main" region of the site (e.g the editable area of the template). Is there a way to create the complex layout in FW and then export as slices ONLY to this main, editable region? Obviously when I slice a page out of fireworks it creates a new page and the all tables for me.

Is there a way to do this for just a section of a page, or do I have to recreate the tables myself in dreamweaver (in the editable region) and then manually add the slices created in fireworks.

Thanks in advance,
    Ranginald
    www.helpspa.com
    Free Computer Advice, Help and Video Tutorials

Signup for Our Free Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/f4Xz

Member #
    If you're not new to HTML, don't use FW for exporting the HTML. Create you tables in DW and and import you images. That way you have control on how you table will look like.

Member #
    I can easily make the slices -- is there an easy way to reconstitute the table? I find it difficult to slice a complicated region in FW and make the table EXACTLY the same.

Thanks,
    R.
    www.helpspa.com
    Free Computer Advice, Help and Video Tutorials

Signup for Our Free Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/f4Xz

Member #
    Not sure I understand what you're trying to do. If you want to add content to these pages, you don't need Fireworks, you want to do that in Dreamweaver.

If you're replacing an image or two for each page though, say image A and image B, they should be the same size throughout. Off the top of my head I don't know how to do it, but in Fireworks you can save just a selected slice. Save your image A + B slices, and replace them for page1, page 2, etc.

Remove Ads