Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I'm trying to create microbeveled boxes in photoshop like the one shown http://www.thewebmachine.com/photosh...ro_bevels.html
    Everytime I do it it seems that when I use the paintbucket tool the outside areas are all blurry and not painted in with a dark color except the one I used the polygon tool for.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Here is the one where I picked up pixel bevels.

http://robouk.mchost.com/tuts/tutori...orial=pxbevals
    There and Back Again :Ogre:

Member #
    Im a newbie at this, I'm on step 2 right now and it says "move the highlight of layer to down 2 pixels and right 2 pixels so it look like the image opposite." ..Where exactly do I find the highlight option?

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    step 2 has the following instructions:

a: OK HOLD CTRL and click on the layer with your shape on it to select it,
    b: now making sure you have the rectangular marquee active on the tools palette (press M or choose it using mouse), on your keyboard press UP arrow once and LEFT arrow once to offset the selection.
    c: Now create a new layer and fill the selection in with white. ( edit -> fill)
    d: HOLD CTRL and click on "layer 1" again to select it. With"layer 2" still active HIT DELETE.
    e: Now deselect (CTRL +D) now holding CTRL move the highlight of layer to down 2 pixels and right 2 (press down arrow twice and right arrow twice)

Let me know if it is still unclear
    There and Back Again :Ogre:

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Easy way to get "microbevels" is to use "chisel hard" as your bevel style, 1px as your bevel depth, and 100% opacity on your shade and highlight. You might want to increase the "depth", too, to add to the contrast of the bevel.

Remove Ads