Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I need to know which software other than Adobe Photoshop! is good in IMAGE EDITING. I know it's a stupid question, but I am not talking in terms of Professional - Digital Imaging. I know nothing is like Photoshop, it's the best!! but in terms of cheap software not so professional and gives enough room for the features listed down here.

The features I am looking for in the software are:
    Making Actions,stamp tool, gaussian blur, sharpen, sharpen edges, brigthness/contrast, hue/saturation, selective color, variations, auto level, levels, color balance, free transform, brushes (shaadi n others), crop tool, rectangular marquee tool, move tool, lasso tool, zoom tool, layers, MODE (to change mode to RGB), image size, canvas size, rotate canvas.

Is ACDSee good? what about Adobe Photo Album? Does these allow the above described features? What abt GIMP? (but does it support .GIF format?)
    Could you give recommend - some other softwares!!

Cheers,
    WebCreativz

Member #
    If what you are doing is business related, and you are likely to continue using this software, Adobe Photoshop is very well worth investing in. I know you said above anything other then Photoshop, but you will be lucky to find anything half decent that has a healthy price stamped on it.

I haven't used anything other then Photoshop, once I tried the trial there was no going back. Before I tried Paint Shop Pro but that didn't do the trick for me.

Get a trial version of Photoshop if you are only going to need it once or twice. I promise you will not be disappointed with it. There are also THOUSANDS of tutorials for it as well to help you get to know the program and create some cool graphics from the start.

Sorry if there is no chance of you getting photoshop, and that I have just wasted my time typing all this gibberish that is to be ignored :-(

Daniel.

Member #
    Use "Paintshop pro" Or "Corel Draw" for alternative.

ACDsee is not quite a photo editing tools. It only for managing photo collection. (and with very little editing functions)

Underconstruction
    Volleyball Website

Member #
    I agree with elroy. Although I now have Photoshop, I orignally started with Paint Shop Pro by Jasc software, and in my opinion is by far the best alternative to Photoshop. It has a lot of great features, is easy to use, and there are many resources on the web to help you master the software. Best of all, its only like $100, (compared to photoshop, this is VERY cheap).

If you're going to use something other than photoshop, get Paint Shop Pro.
    www.stevenspoker.com
    "You can't lose what you don't put in the middle, ... but you can't win much either." -Mike McDermott (Rounders)

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    While PSP seems to have a cult following, I dare to say that absolutely nothing can compare to Photoshop in terms of power and (eventually) ease of use. It stays out of the way and lets you do your work, and is extremely powerful. It's also upgradable via third-party programs and is the most popular layered image format available. How many online publication services accept PSP files but do take PSDs?
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    I hope you did not misundertand my post as saying that I think PSP is BETTER than photoshop, I meant that if you don't have the cash to spend for PS, then PSP is the way to go. If money is of no object, however, Photoshop is hands down the best image creation and editing software available.
    www.stevenspoker.com
    "You can't lose what you don't put in the middle, ... but you can't win much either." -Mike McDermott (Rounders)

Remove Ads