Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi,
    I have a premade logo that is in bitmap form. I want to be able to make the background transparent so that I can put the logo on a page with a dark background without a white box showing up around it. I have fireworks and I have photoshop. Fireworks I am very comfortable with but photoshop is brand new to me. Can anyone help?
    Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    You could do this by converting it to a gif as they support transparency, you will need to go into fireworks (personally i am much more comfortable with photoshop but since you are more comfortable with fireworks) and erase all the background area you dont want. then when you are done, go into your optomize menu and slect gif and select alpha transparency and set your Matte to a dark color(preferably the color of the background you want to put this image on. Then export the image.

Remove Ads