Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Hello,
    I have created a new website interface for my website, which is attached below. Appreciated are your comments and suggestions, I would like the pros and cons that you have and changes that I need to make. Thanks a ton!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    Here goes:

Pros:
    - Nice light color scheme
    - You're gonna have a quick pageload time with the limited graphics

Cons:
    - Text color is too light based on the fact that there is an overuse of the bevel/emboss effect, at least at that opacity. It makes the text hard to read

That's about all I see until you finish the site.

Good luck,
    [Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Member #
    I think the design needs some more to it. It looks too basic and uses the same effect throughout. I'd add some color, some more effects, maybe try something other than the "rotated L" design that you have here.

Member #
    Thanks for the replies guys! Splufdaddy, do you think I should do something similar to a top interface? Like the one on my previous site, http://kmdmsn.tk Also, where should I add color too? What kind of effects do you think I should use?? Bevel and Emboss or something?? Thanks alot!

--Kevin
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    You certainly need to add a little to it. At the moment it has little variety and will become boring after a few visits. It is hard to say much else when you haven't added any content to it as of yet.
    You need to add more to the banner and make the design bigger so it is much clearer.

Look forward to seeing the finished product,
    Daniel.

Member #
    Originally posted by kevind_2007
    Thanks for the replies guys! Splufdaddy, do you think I should do something similar to a top interface? Like the one on my previous site, http://kmdmsn.tk Also, where should I add color too? What kind of effects do you think I should use?? Bevel and Emboss or something?? Thanks alot!

--Kevin
    I think you should add anything to it. Right now it's a one piece, one color banner/navigation. You have a box with a bevel effect on it right now, so I think adding any effect will be an improvement. Don't add an effect just for the sake of adding an effect though. Try to create an image, or a purpose for your banner. Check out some tutorials if you need some help getting started. www.good-tutorials.com has hundreds of tutorials that you could look through.

Your other site is also one color. Experiment with color schemes, use the link in my signature if you need help. It's very hard to make a good looking website without pictures or color. Good luck.

Member #
    Do you think I could add scanlines and that could help??
    --Kevin

Member #
    Not to what you have currently. One effect isn't going to save this design. It needs some major reworking, and color. It may be easier to start over. You need to think of what you're trying to convey, and why you're going to make your site look the way it will. Do you have a theme? Right now the design looks too dull with all of the white and light gray. Adding scan lines, or a stroke, or any of photoshop's default effects will look obvious and not improve what you have, IMO.

Member #
    It doesnt need effects, it needs colour. Work on the colour scheme like spluffdaddy said before you think about what effects you like and would want to use.

Member #
    Shouldn't this be in the "How's my Site" section?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads