Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: missing file

Member #
    This is a bit of topic, but i really need help finding an image, well i did anyway. The problem is that, when i was last using photoshop 7 i was designing a graphic for my client for a webpage, which is a .psd file, anyway i have been working on this for about a week now, and have named it main-graphic.psd, however when i went into photoshop today, and went into file > open recent, this is the way i normally open the last files i was working with, anyway it was not there, "very strange" so i checked the recycle bin to check if it was there, but no luck, even restored all items from the recylce bin. Then i did a search, searching all files on my computer, then eventually i found it, it says it was in "my documents", so i kept the search window open while i had a look in "my documents" as i had a look before and did not see it, anyway since it says it was in "my documents" i decided to have another look, but it was not there "very strange". So i copied the file i found in the search and copied it to my desktop, i then went into photoshop found the file on the desktop to open it and it says "The driver or network connection that the shortcut main_graphic.Ink refers to is unavaliable.Make sure the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and then try again"

its says .Ink but it is clearly a photoshop logo next to the name.

Please help me on this, Even of anyone has further tips on how to retreive items that where deleted or something

thanks for any help

edd

Member #
    Do you ever save to any network places, or computers other than your own? The error sounds like you may have saved it on another computer on your network.

Member #
    I only have the one computer

thanks

edd

Remove Ads