Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: spinning globe

Member #
    Hi have an existing .jpg image that I would like to animate. I have attatched it here. I would like the blue globe to spin with the H staying in place. Is that possible? and if so how would I go about doing this? Any help is appreciated!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    With your existing image it would be difficult to animate in 2D software due to the contour lines. Your best bet would be to try recreate it from scratch.

Fixed lighting on a circle would result in the sphereical shape, movement would be defined by objects passing across the circle and the 'H' would always be displayed on top on a seperate layer.

Globe

I knocked togeather an example in ImageReady that should hopefully illustrate the method. As you can see the only part that actualy moves is the dot itself.

If you do a search on Google you'll probably come across some tutorials in more detail...

Member #
    Hey thanks Trico I appreciate the help,!

Remove Ads