Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: photoshop book

Member #
    Hi there,

Could anyone recommend a good photoshop book, imtermediate level.

thanks

edd

Member #
    I have a few dummies/Bibles from earlier versions of Photoshop, that work quite nice as reference books.

I purchased a book on sale recently called "Photoshop 7, Complete Course" written by Jan Kabili, published by SEYBOLD. It has beautiful layout and color illustrations, and are nicely structured/organized (approx. 500 pages).

A fun book is "Photoshop 7, Down & Dirty Tricks" by Scott Kelby, published by New Riders. It demonstrates advanced techniques to achieve mindblowing results, but focuses on the practical without getting lost in technical details. Actually it (almost) doesn't explain anything! It just shows you which buttons to press and what filters to apply. It's loaded with illustrations and screenshots (every step of the process) and covers a broad area of special effects. I could put my wife in front of the PC and make her produce the same effects (she's a total computer illiterate), so no background knowledge of Photoshop is necessary.

However, if you do know a bit of Photoshop it's a goldmine, as you can see beyond the curtains. You understand how the different filters and effects work individually, and now you get to see what you can accomplish by applying combinations of them in an ingenious manner.
    S. Rosland

Member #
    Hi there again,

I took your advice, and have purchased Photoshop 7 Down and Dirty Tricks .

Just another question, i am trying to create a gradient effect, with it going from white to black, but in the gradient defaults there is nothing of this colour, there is one that goes white, black, white, is there anyway you can create your own?.

thanks

edd

Remove Ads