Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I've been toying around with a few ideas but they come up either looking odd or just don't work well for my navigation menu.

I've changed, or am trying to change my menu to match the color scheme of the site better. It's run off PostNuke so I don't have the flexibility i'm accustomed to with a static html site.

You can see the original at www.maast.org/

I've attached my current ideas below... either one of those two is what i've come up with right now... i'm not happy with it though, it feels boring to me.

Any suggestions? I need some inspiration!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    I would recommend staying with your new look. Its cool. It's simple yes, but it is effective. You need to be carefull not to over complicate things as you could ruin it. Right now the feel of it is good and I like it. (the attachment this is)

Member #
    Although it may be cool if you adopt the same shape to the left for the main content. That may look nice for the shape of the grey box.

Member #
    Originally posted by DanielOliver
    Although it may be cool if you adopt the same shape to the left for the main content. That may look nice for the shape of the grey box.
    Thanks for the comments Daniel.

I'm a bit confused as to what you mean on this quote though.

Are you saying the content box (where the tux penguin is at) should look the same as the navigation? If so, it definately will. It's the next thing to change once I settle on how the navigation will look.

Or

Did you mean the left navigation should have more shape to it like the older grey image?

Both good suggestions. Right now this is still drawn out and not yet in html form, so i'm still playing with the look.

Thanks!

Member #
    I like the new navigation style (attached). It seems intersting, though as Daniel said simple and appealing at the same time. Nice work!
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Thanks justlivyalife.

Remove Ads