Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    That is the question. I'm going to redesign my site, and I wan't to know what the major of possible-customers like, a clean portfolio page, or a eye-candy one.
    See the Header Image I've made in a hour of so. Is this good or should I go with the clean layout/design?
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    I like to see something a little simpler then that.
    Or at least a little lighter for a design company web site. That looks more gamish and clanny whereas a business would want to use brighter more possitive colours. I think that is a little to dark and negative.

It doesn't have to be simple. I just like a lighter site. Inless the subject of your site is dark and "underground".

Member #
    It depends on what you're going for. Large corporations are more likely to want a clean, easy to navigate site. Smaller businesses may be going for the "wow factor" to set them apart from their competitors.

Your best bet may be a combination of the two. The banner you attached is a little dark and I agree it looks a little like a gaming site. I would go for a bright, well designed site with sharp graphics. But that's just me.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Exactly, I think you should make it with warm colors, that way the visitor will feel nice and relaxed. Good Luck further... ;p

Member #
    I'm guessing both could work as long as you use a higher balance of clean to candy. As an example don't make a 'layout' that ultimamtely attracts more attention than your content.

For your header don't use an oversized pixel/bitmap font, they look really bad at anything other than their intended size. - You could pick up on the above using 'Clean' fonts as a start...

I like the logo.

Member #
    You could do both. Just because a design is clean doesn't mean it has some eye candy in it?
    But you don't want it to look like the inside of a space shuttle or something. Not for a design company anyway.

Member #
    I like it but i think it needs to be brighter. I have one question tho as a relative newbie i see a lot of banners with backgrounds such as yours faded swirling images etc if you guys catch my drift! I was wondering how you create this effect is it simply a mish mash of images blended together and faded with a colour filter over the top or is it more complicated?
    Whats the matter the CIA got u pushing too many pencils ???

Member #
    This one is made from 4 images with different blend methods, a few color filters and the liquify filter from PS CS. The result is totally random, but most of the times cool.

Member #
    Wow thats cool , would u be able to show me the images u used? What do u mean by blend methods?

What is PS CS i assume u mean photoshop but i am unaware of what CS is?
    Whats the matter the CIA got u pushing too many pencils ???

Member #
    I can't show you the images because I don't remember wich were it, but I can tell you that it were normal stock photos from deviantart stock photos.
    PS CS = Photoshop CS, CS means Creative Suite, a new version of apps from Adobe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads