Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Help Please..

Member #
    Please help- Stuck.

So, I was messing around with Macromedia Fireworks, and I exported a screenshot of the Command Prompt Window to Dreamweaver, except I added a pop up menu to it, sort of like it is a layout. I was wondering, how can I make my main page open up inside the screenshot, so it looks like your viewing the page inside the command prompt window? I'd appreciate a reply. If you need more information, post a reply letting me know what you'd like to know, or if you'd like a screenshot. Thanks alot.

-->Here's a picture attached, so you can see what I'm talking about. I want to know how I can make the site content load inside the command window .jpg.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    I'm trying to figure out how I can make my website content open up inside the Command Window .jpg, so that it appears that the stuff is running in the command window. Like so the target is that litte blank white space in the inside. I use fireworks for my pop-up menu and stuff, I was just wondeirng if anyone could help me. I posted this in the Web Design/HTML section too. Thanks. Here's an attached screenshot so you can view what I'm talking about.

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Please do not double post in two different sections.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    make a main table and set the command prompt image as the background to the main table. then, make a table within the main table and stick your website in there. this way will require some tweaking of cell padding etc.
    or
    since a command prompt has a border and the body is plain black, cut off the borders and save them as seperate images. so you have 4 thin images, one for each border. you make a table in dreamweaver, make it 3 columns by 3 rows. merge the columns of the top row to make it one big row, then insert the top margin image of the command prompt here. do the same to the bottom, 3rd, row. then you insert the side margins into the left and right columns of the middle row. Leave the center cell for your website and simply set the cell background to black. (make sure cell spacing and cell padding is set to 0 for the table)

Remove Ads