Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello,

For all my looking I can't seem to find any brushes for Photoshop that are swirly. I am looking for ones that are like those found on Hans Liebscher Copper

Any help anyone can would be very gratefully received!

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Which part of that website contains the "swirly brushes" that you're talking about?

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    i'm guessing 2advanced made those with a vector based program like adobe illustrator. Some might have made some of those as brushes somewhere.

I would start looking at deviant art's brush list. You might get lucky and find something there that suits your needs.
    http://brushes.deviantart.com/
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I hadn't noticed that was a 2A site. Good catch!

Beautiful site, but I doubt it's as effective as it could be. For instance, one of the products this guy creates is

[searchweb]hammered copper bathtubs[/searchweb]

When you search google for it, however, he comes up nowhere. The first result is Whitehause Copper Sinks, which displays all of their products and prices in HTML. Not nearly as pretty, but I think they probably sell a lot more than Hans Liebscher.

Again, 2A always makes beautiful sites, but come on! People aren't going to go looking for "Hans Liebscher" when they want a copper tub! They're gonna search for it on the web.

Remember this, people. Know when design is appropriate and guide your clients to serve their best interests. Just because they ask for something doesn't mean it's best for them. Part of your job is to provide guidance and consultation, and it's your moral obligation to do what you know is right for your client rather than to just take his money and appease him with a pretty design that will be less effective for his business.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Originally posted by transio
    When you search google for it, however, he comes up nowhere. The first result is Whitehause Copper Sinks, which displays all of their products and prices in HTML. Not nearly as pretty, but I think they probably sell a lot more than Hans Liebscher.
    I think you are jumping the gun on this one..

No maybe the first results in a search engine are not going to be this site.. but how many people do you think would make an umpulse buy online for hammered copper products? If you are in the market for one you would rely on real world resources not so much the internet..

So for those who know about this guy and are deciding to go with him, might look up his site and would be impressed by it. It might give give that little extra reassurance that his work is high quality causing you to buy from him.

I think this site is not so much to draw customers from the internet. Just like you said every client has different needs. Not all sites are ment to rank high or even at all by search engins.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    BTW: Here are some resources i have found for brushes..

vbrush
    Adobe Studio Exchange

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    glyakk,

That was kind of my point, though. Not ALL sites are required to rank high, but I think this is a case where you want a site that ranks kinda high. This is an example of a parity market... there are plenty of other providers of hammered copper tubs online to compete with. They should have made him somthing that was both beautiful and search-engine friendly - something that's entirely possible using a combination of flash and html.

Member #
    Is this a thread about photoshop brushes, or transio's soapbox? ....

I found some similar brushes here:
    http://veredgf.fredfarm.com/vbrush/main.html

Unable to link you right to the page, so you'll have to browse around a bit.

*edit - having skipped most of the 'mumbo-jumbo' in this thread, I failed to see that glyakk had already posted this link. :bandit:

Remove Ads