Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 31 to 39 of 39
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Photoshop Tutorials

  1. #31
    Senior Member Ronald Roe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    3,141
    Member #
    27197
    Liked
    959 times
    Why do you keep dragging up super old posts?
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

  2.  

  3. #32
    Member nufftalon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    77
    Member #
    34119
    Liked
    4 times
    Just trying to share my knowledge with others didn't realize it was old if so the thread should be closed

  4. #33
    Unpaid WDF Intern TheGAME1264's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Not from USA
    Posts
    14,485
    Member #
    425
    Liked
    2783 times
    It's actually a limitation of Xenforo, as far as I know...we can't actually close old threads.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

    If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

    My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

  5. #34
    WDF Staff Wired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,656
    Member #
    1234
    Liked
    137 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 245204
    It's actually a limitation of Xenforo, as far as I know...we can't actually close old threads.
    You can't close them, but you can un-open them.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

    Admin at houseofhelp.com

  6. #35
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3
    Member #
    38891
    Thanks for sharing some resources, These would really helps...

  7. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    59
    Member #
    53421
    Liked
    9 times
    There are things people need to realize about tutorials.

    People that say they are looking for good tutorials mostly look in the wrong places. I can tell you from experience looking on the hosting sites is the worst place to find a tutorial. This is because the tutorial creators are only after one thing, Traffic. It doesn't matter if you need the tutorial it matters on how often the same tutorial is requested. The reason for this is because on most video hosting sites it is common knowledge that the only way to make a profit in their host is to produce a lot of traffic. This is what the typical person knows. They don't know the specifics unless they research it but it has a lot to do with the advertisements posted on the videos. Most everyone is after the possibility of making money.

    There are other factors to take note of while looking for a graphic designer. Do they know how to accomplish the task you are requesting? Do they have enough time? are they able to comprehend the request? and If the tutorial is made how will you be notified? These are all things you need to take into consideration when requesting a tutorial in the suppliers media. I am only say this because the chances of you finding the specific tutorial you need are slim so the chance of you having to resort to requesting tutorials is high.

    In the past I had more luck looking for tutorials on forums for graphic design or related fields like this forum here. The reason I like web design forums when looking for tutorials especially Photoshop tuts is because there are tons of web designers and most web designers have a very good understanding of Photoshop. The other thing is you can make or post on a thread where everyone registered on the forum has the opportunity and probably will see the thread if it is a new tread. But there are still things to take into consideration. Does the specific forum allow tutorial requests? Most do but some don't. Is the tutorial going to be worth while? why or why not?

    A lot of people will push out a quick tutorial on request but the question is will it be a good one? Experience has told me in the past most likely not. Why should someone put a bunch of effort into creating a tutorial based on your expectations? What incentive is in it for them? As a graphic designer that like to think outside of the box I might do it for a portfolio piece if I were into making tutorials. I might use your request to come up with content on my portfolio site and give it my all in hopes an employer I apply to might see those tutorials and find my attention to detail worth the shot of a job offer. Sadly not to many graphic designers think this way which ends up making the situation of finding a good tutorial a hard feat.

  8. #37
    Senior Member Vapr_Arts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,930
    Member #
    37412
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetutguy View Post
    There are things people need to realize about tutorials.

    People that say they are looking for good tutorials mostly look in the wrong places. I can tell you from experience looking on the hosting sites is the worst place to find a tutorial. This is because the tutorial creators are only after one thing, Traffic. It doesn't matter if you need the tutorial it matters on how often the same tutorial is requested. The reason for this is because on most video hosting sites it is common knowledge that the only way to make a profit in their host is to produce a lot of traffic. This is what the typical person knows. They don't know the specifics unless they research it but it has a lot to do with the advertisements posted on the videos. Most everyone is after the possibility of making money.

    There are other factors to take note of while looking for a graphic designer. Do they know how to accomplish the task you are requesting? Do they have enough time? are they able to comprehend the request? and If the tutorial is made how will you be notified? These are all things you need to take into consideration when requesting a tutorial in the suppliers media. I am only say this because the chances of you finding the specific tutorial you need are slim so the chance of you having to resort to requesting tutorials is high.

    In the past I had more luck looking for tutorials on forums for graphic design or related fields like this forum here. The reason I like web design forums when looking for tutorials especially Photoshop tuts is because there are tons of web designers and most web designers have a very good understanding of Photoshop. The other thing is you can make or post on a thread where everyone registered on the forum has the opportunity and probably will see the thread if it is a new tread. But there are still things to take into consideration. Does the specific forum allow tutorial requests? Most do but some don't. Is the tutorial going to be worth while? why or why not?

    A lot of people will push out a quick tutorial on request but the question is will it be a good one? Experience has told me in the past most likely not. Why should someone put a bunch of effort into creating a tutorial based on your expectations? What incentive is in it for them? As a graphic designer that like to think outside of the box I might do it for a portfolio piece if I were into making tutorials. I might use your request to come up with content on my portfolio site and give it my all in hopes an employer I apply to might see those tutorials and find my attention to detail worth the shot of a job offer. Sadly not to many graphic designers think this way which ends up making the situation of finding a good tutorial a hard feat.
    This post is almost 2 years old, please don't drag up old posts.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    59
    Member #
    53421
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    This post is almost 2 years old, please don't drag up old posts.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Even if the post is old doesn't stop it from being viewed. If you have a valid point to make in which you don't want to make your own topic for add to someone else's. It's more simple not by much but still it is much more efficient. Because there is new content it drags people who have already followed this thread back to it which is why I did it. Here the audience is already provided. In a new thread I would have to wait for people to view it. I like the for sure way in this instance rather than the hit or miss rout of creating a new thread.

    Its a work smarter not harder sort of thing.
    Last edited by Thetutguy; Mar 08th, 2016 at 03:27 PM.

  10. #39
    Senior Member Vapr_Arts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,930
    Member #
    37412
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetutguy View Post
    Even if the post is old doesn't stop it from being viewed. If you have a valid point to make in which you don't want to make your own topic for add to someone else's. It's more simple not by much but still it is much more efficient. Because there is new content it drags people who have already followed this thread back to it which is why I did it. There the audience is already provided in a new thread I would have to wait for people to view it. I like the for sure way in this instance rather than the hit or miss rout of creating a new thread.
    Its bad forum ettiequte. I sort of see your point but majority of the forums, including this one typically do not like for people to drag up old posts. The conversation was done 2 years ago. Some if not everyone on this post are long gone. So unless you had a question you aren't really contributing much. This "rule" of dragging up old posts just helps to keep current topics current, and the past in the past.

    Another reason most forums do not appreciate this is because this is the type of thing that people will do to inflate their post count to get benefits from the forum. I do not believe that you were trying to do that, but if we start allowing some, we sort of have to allow everyone. Again, its just bad forum ettiequte.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:02 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com