Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    im using swish, when i export my swf files are huge (13 megs).Why is that how do i compress them or optimize them to upload .Iused more graphics on the same layou before at free flash builder site and the final swf was under a meg. What am I doing wrong and how do I correct it? thanks in advance.
    Iroc

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    13 mbs? swf or swish?

13 mb swf mean aprox.. 130mb swish itself .. are you sure?

Member #
    SWF FILE TOO BIG

I GET A 13.0 MEG SWI FILE AND A 12.9 MEG SWF FILE ON EXPORT I HAVE 2 SMALL JPEGS AND A WAVEFILE EMBEDDED HOW DO I MAKE IT SMALLER FOR UPLOAD TO THE NET? SORRY ABOUT CAPS.

Member #
    Are you using an excess of special effects, for example?

(No need to shout :-P)
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    yeah text effects but i just removed the wav file and now its under 1 meg. What is considered an acceptable size for an efficient intro?

Member #
    Something that loads within 10 seconds on a 56K connection is an acceptable side. Include a 'Loading..' sequence.

I don't know how much size you are limited to, I'll let another member answer you that
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Hi - I'm all new to this forum, but looking at becoming a regular.

To answer a few of your questions CULPRITCEO, WAV files are big anyway. Sound compression, although it gets done, isn't huge in Flash. The best way to do this and chops down your file size aswell is by streaming your audio.
    As for animated text, if it is typed in and not rastorized (not made as a graphic object in Flash), then this can also cause huge file size. Another is if you apply any alpha to any animation...

These things all make the file size larger.

8 seconds is the average waiting time for people on the web. You have 8 seconds to load all your content and load up your page before the average person leaves. Of course, this average takes into account those people who wait 10 minutes, and those who click on a wrong link...

Member #
    Nice to see my 10 second estimate wasn't too far off . You make some good points, though AFAIK, he has no way of 'rastorizing' objects, as he is using SWiSH, rather that Flash.

Member #
    What is a good method of streaming my audio?That would help alot .I'm using swish. Any help or comments are appreciated

Member #

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads