Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    I've seen some custom? w3c validation images (like the under design site in the site-of-the-month contest). Were these images created by the owners of the sites or does w3c have a various amount of different colors? If they were created by different users, where can you get the w3c text image?

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Open Photoshop. Choose the text tool. This is where it gets tricky... click in the image and type "w3c". :-P Just messin with ya... They're probably custom images. You could try to recreate the text or just cut it out and make your own image. Doesn't seem too hard, though.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    W3C only has one set image per validation type (XHTML 1.0, XHTML 1.1, HTML 4.01, HTML 4, etc.) So the best thing you can do is to do what transio said...just whip one up for yourself.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    There's many around the net as well (My fav one was a complete CSS based one that recreates the buttons perfectly). [searchweb]W3C Buttoms[/searchweb]
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Some people offer custom buttons and let you choose from loads available however I decided to make my own so that I can be sure nobody else uses the same and they are different from most. Although saying that pretty much all of them look similar now. But it is easier to make your own then searching for ages looking for one that best fits your site.

Member #
    This is pretty cool, http://www.yugatech.com/make.php

Give that a try if you want one to match your site.

Member #
    um..

those images represent that w3c has checked the site for errors then given you a 'seal of approval' if you will.

creating one in photoshop if you haven't passed the test is like printing out a college degree in your parent's basement.

If you do pass and receive the icon, changing it will make it look 'uncertified' and therefore pointless to have.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    That's true, gabe, but on the other hand, many of those W3C logos don't really fit with the look and feel of a site and tend to stick out like a sore thumb in a lot of cases. So customizing the link image isn't always a bad idea.

Besides, anyone smart enough to even know what the W3C is should be smart enough to hover his/her mouse over an image to see if it hyperlinks to the page in question. So it's not something that's all that bad an idea.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    I see your point

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Course you do. I'm this forum's answer to Jesus, but not in a sacrilegious way.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads