Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I am wondering if anyone can give me some help on installing a music player on my site. I have never done it. Also are all the players in flash?
    thanks in advance
    adam

Member #
    Do you want true streaming audio? If so, you need to make sure your webserver supports it.. and what kind.. then you can research it
    The Temple of Dagon | Dagon Design
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die." - HPL

Member #
    yea my host supports streaming. What would be the benefits of streaming? what else is there

Member #
    Well have you ever used an online radio station? that's streaming. it allows the audio to start quickly, and download as it plays, whereas if you just stick an mp3 on your site, they will have to download it completly before they play it.

So what kind of audio streaming does your host support ?
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die." - HPL

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Does your site have anything to do with music? If it does... If it doesn't then do not put music on it. Many people are already playing music on their computers. Yours would be a disruption. You do not want to lose visitors.
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

Member #
    its a section completely devoted to bands. i dont know what kind of streaming they allow

Member #
    Well you still need to contact the host to see what they do allow.

And as far as interrupting the viewer with music, I strongly recommend not just having the music start automatically.. have a little box that tells the viewer 'click here to listen to (whatever) from (whatever)' etc.. know what I mean ? that way they have the choice

Member #
    I don't see how a host can determine whether you can stream audio or not.

To make your own audio player whether streaming or static, you can find all of the information you need here: http://www.kennybellew.com/tutorial/

Member #
    You have to have a web server that supports streaming media. At least in most cases. It is common for most web servers to support it though.

Remove Ads