Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    OK. I am on a 576.0 kbps ADSL connection and most web sites load instantly. However, when I go on www.istockphoto.com it loads VERRRRRRRRRY slow and it's reallt getting annoying. Does anyone else get this or is IStock Photo experiencing slight downtime at the minute?
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    Your speed does not reflect their speed, just as a ferrari can be stoped by a slow car in front of it. The site may just have a lot of traffic, altough it seems fine to me right now.
    Whoth steps forth to mock the teal? Whom couldst say a color superior!

Proclamith me, it cannot be done.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    It also may not even be an issue with their speed. There may be too many hops between your server and theirs, or one of those hops could be down or experiencing technical difficulty. The best thing you can do is to do a traceroute from your machine to their site IP (208.38.54.138) and see if any of the hops time out, or perhaps if they respond slowly.

If this is not the case, check Internet Traffic Report to see if any of the hops are down.

It could also be a thousand other things associated with DSL as well. I just figured I'd give you two to start with.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    That also happens to me most of the time when I use the search option. What I do is I stop the loading of the page and then use the desired link/option and it does fine.
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Remove Ads