Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello.
    I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to swf files, can anyone answer some basic questions?

I have a 2.5Mb swf file, I guess this is far to big to have as a download on my site, what the simplest way to bring this file size down?

Can anyone advise on how to make it appear? I want the video to pop-up in it's own window, using a href and a target=new seems to work, but I don't know how to incorporate the sniffer code.

Would appreciate any help.
    Thanks

Member #
    wow...2.5Mb is way too big. First, you need to look at what you have in your file. If you have sounds, try compressing them, or shortening the loops. If you ahve pictures, turn the quality down by right clicking the picture in the library and selecting properties. Next, do you have seperate "sections" of the file that you could possibly make into external .swf files and load seperately when called? You can also try http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/Optimization/ which has some more good stuff.

Remove Ads