Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi,

I want to create a hard copy (printed paper) portfolio of some of the designs Ive created, but Im not sure how to print a web page. I think it can be done in PS. If the web site was created in 72 dpi RGB resolution, I'm assuming it wouldnt print well because its not a high resolution CMYK image, am I correct?
    Ive already created a CD portfolio, but is there a way to print (hard copy) a nice crisp clean image of a web page to show a client/ employer.

Thank you

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Yes there is a way. As you have relized, printing from the internet will more then likley be 72 dpi and will not print very shaprly. The only way to get it sharper is to increse the resolution. The only way you are going to do that is in photoshop or some other image editing application. If you have the orgional site templated in photoshop, in a higher resolution, just print that. If you dont, you need to recreate the site in photoshop with a resolution of at least 150dpi, preferiably 300.

NOTE: you cannot take a screenshot and simply increse the resolution to 300dpi or what not. It does not work that way, you image will still be as pixalated looking as befor, it will just use more pixles(file size) to do it.

Member #
    Thanks for the quick reply, Ill try it out and get back to you if i get stuck

Remove Ads