Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi im building my first flash site and i have an animated movie clip menu that has two buttons embedded in it. What i need to know how to do is when i click on the buttons to go to another frame. I tried goto and play frame number as an action on the button but it didnt seam to work, and i cant use scenes because from what ive heard they are buggy with movie clips. I have included the link to what i have up so far and the menus occur on the 2dartwork and 3d digital sections. Please help!!!!

http://www.wideopenwest.com/~kbrowe8086/

Member #
    I'm not sure why it's not working for you. maybe you could post exactly what actiosn your using or something like that?

Member #
    Code!

Quote Originally Posted by minger
    I'm not sure why it's not working for you. maybe you could post exactly what actiosn your using or something like that?
    This is the code on the actual movie clip:

on (rollOver) {
    if (_root.button2 == true) {
    _root.secondbut.gotoAndPlay("end");
    }
    _root.button1 = true;
    this.gotoAndPlay("start");
    }

Then this is code that i have applied to the buttons embedded in the movie clip:

on (release) {
    gotoAndPlay(170);
    }

when i add this code and try to click the buttons the menu just disapears

Member #
    OK, i think I know your problem here. Firstly you cant apply button actions to movie clip instances meaning on(press, release, rollOver....etc) cannot be actions on a movie clip, only buttons.

Here's what your going to want to do. First create a movie clip. Insert your two buttons and create the tween of them moving down and fading in. Put a stop on the first frame of the movie clip. Now put the movieclip on your main stage. Give it an instance name just to keep things organized. Now I will give you actions so that it will give your buttons animation both fading in and fading out.

Select the movie clip and add the following actions:
    onClipEvent(enterFrame) {
    if (this.hitTest(_root._xmouse, _root._ymouse, true)) {
    _this.nextFrame();
    } else {
    _this.prevFrame();
    }
    }

Remove Ads