Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: progress bar

Member #
    i have made my progress bar in a movie clip... i added the codes to it... how do i load it into my swf so it will work ? or is there an easier way to do my progress bar so it will load in my swf?

Member #
    You might get more responses in the 'Graphics and Flash' category. I would help but I have not messed around with flash too much

This might help, just one of the first links I saw in a search: http://development.gurusnetwork.com/...bar_preloader/
    The Temple of Dagon | Dagon Design
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die." - HPL

Member #
    Moved.

Member #
    I assume your talking about a preloader? I usually add a seperate scene for the preloader then add the code directly on the main timeline. I'm not sure if this is the "right" way to do it, but that's how I go about it. but, you don't load it into your .swf its a part of the file itself.

maybe if you could clarify just a tad i could help you out some more.

Member #
    thanks guys... well minger ... its been awhile since i checked my post ... well i made it into another movie script so i can load it when i put the codes into the main time line... but i dont know what codes to put down... i have tried load movie ... that makes the most sense to me... if you can help in anyway thanks alot... and thanks both of you for the help ...

Member #
    here is pretty much the just of a preloader. i usually put a seperate scene in. on the second frame you have: gotoandPlay(1);
    then on the first frame you have something like this:
    total = _root.getBytesTotal();
    loaded = _root.getBytesLoaded();
    perc = loaded/total
    perc2 = perc*100
    if (loaded >= total) {
    gotoandPlay("Scene2")
    }

Now, if you want a numerical representation, you add dynamic text and make the variable _root.perc2

If you want the graphical (i.e. the loader bar your talking about) first you make a movie clip that is 1 pixel wide and position it at x=0 (inside the movies stage, not the main stage) it is kinda important to position it at 0 and not centered, which would be x=0.5

Now you put it on your main stage and in the first frame add something like:
    _root.loadbar(<-whatever instance name of that 1 pixel wide movie clip)._width = perc*100
    You can replace 100 by whatever number you want it to "grow" to

Member #
    thanks a bunch

you are a huge help... many thanks

Member #
    I think preloaders can be the most creative part of a movie. Experiment with masks and other things. ._width can be replaced with height or any other attribute for some interesting effects.

Remove Ads