Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Here's something I'm kinda playing around with. Still needs some graphics work, but the just of its there. Thinking of making it into some kind of navigation doo-whackey. Let me know what you think, how long it takes to load, and how well (fast) it plays for you. Thanks a bunch

http://www.mime.eng.utoledo.edu/~mhe...est2/index.htm

Member #
    It loads quick on my cable modem, but it spins fast! I'm getting dizzy looking at it!
    Normal is a setting on your washing machine.

Member #
    um......did you mouse over it at all??

Member #
    Yeah... It stops and the links pop out - very cool, but if you're going to eventually use this 'doo-whackey' as a navigation menu system, it might be a bit distracting from the rest of the stuff on the pages it's on. I would consider slowing the spin down a few notches, in which case you'll have something decent.
    Normal is a setting on your washing machine.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    It kinda got stuck every time it tried to pop out... it would sit there shaking, then I had to move the mouse a bit and it came out the full way.

I'm not too fond of it to be honest, mostly the spinning & sticking part.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I don't like it. It looks cook, but it's functionally useless. Mystery Meat navigation always irritates me. I wouldn't use it as a navigation unless the ramdom thing is what you're going for.

Loads quickly enough (about 5 seconds) on my cable modem though.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    well like I said, it was just something I was playing around with. The reason it sticks is that I make it come out, I put an invisible button over top of the link. That button moves out with the actual link when you roll over. If I didn't do that, when you rollOver the link comes out, then you mouse over to click and in doing so you rollOut of the button.

What I was thinking was have that in the middle of the screen, then when you click, it moves to a corner and then a seperate .swf if loaded in.

I was doing it, cause I was just thinking of a way to make something spin, and then come out and stuff. Trust me, if I make a site out of this, it's just gonna be something stupid. No real important content, just visually good.

thanks for letting me know how long it takes to load though, appreciate it

Member #
    As an experimental concept (in contrast to usability) it is interesting. The 'static' effect is quite irritating though and I would double or triple the speed of the item 'expanding' and it would not seem as sluggish.

It looks like a cross between HAL9000 and some sort of futuristic pizza box.

Edit: pretty much instant load time on my cable modem
    The Temple of Dagon | Dagon Design
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die." - HPL

Member #
    Mystery Meat. Nice idea, but not user friendly at all.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

A small village near a small city near a small cit
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It's ok, but you really need to fix the problem Brak mentioned.

Also, as Aleister mentioned make the pop-outs a lot faster and also, maybe have the links that pop out looking less retro, like have a solid backgroudn colour or a liquidy feel to the inside of it, instead of a broken tv.
    tekp :cheeky: tekponline.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads