Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Auto-Resizing

Member #
    In my website, I set my table parameters using percents. As the background of one of my table cells, I have a logo. When the window is full-screen, the logo looks fine. When the window isn't full-screen, the logo is cropped off. I fixed this problem by specifying the height in pixels.

I would like to have the logo adjust along with the size of the window. That way, I wouldn't have to worry about screen sizes and compatibility with my site. Are there any scripts that can do this?

Member #
    If it was me id insert a clear 1x1 pixel gif and size the width to the size of your backround image and no one would even notice, this might be the wrong solution but its easy enough for me

Member #
    No, I already have the scan line background. I'm talking about inserting my site logo into a table cell. I used percents to specify links and widths. Whatever part of the logo that doesn't fit in those parameters gets cut off. On a 1024x768 page, everything is good. But then if its an 800x600 page, half of the logo is cut off.

I'm asking if there's a way I can set the logo size to fit into the table cell, which would involve it auto-resizing depending on the size of the page.

Member #
    Can we have a link to your page? You'l probably have to do something similar to the WDF logo, hit the 'bigger' link and it stretches. This is done by making the logo a bg but having the right side a solid color

Member #

Remove Ads