Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Ok so basically, there are two things I want to do.

1. I want to make it so when you roll over a thumbnail, the big image switches. I did it in javascript, no big deal, you can see it here. http://www.bobsspaceracers.com/js_test/visibility2.html

2. If you look at http://www.bobsspaceracers.com/frames/index.htm, you can see how the images slide in from the side. (Btw that original flash was not my doing, I just "inherited" it.) I want to keep that. I tried to figure it out in Javascript, but I couldn't.

So I guess what I'm asking is, how do I accomplish number 1 and number 2 in the same Flash document? Or if that can't be done, how do I do them both in Javascript?

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out, sorry about that. :ichatblush:

Member #
    I can think of two ways to do this off the top of my head. One with buttons, and one with movie clips. I'll describe the movieclip one. Here's what you do. Import your pics obviously. Then create movieclips for each one. (Basically, just create a movie clip and drag the pic into it) Now put your two "buttons" on the stage. These are going to be what you have to roll over to see the pic picture..........

haha, I really should read the whole post before starting a reply. I totally didn't see that you figured it out. I even made an example flash file for ya....damn haha

Remove Ads