Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    The background? It's black
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    In this "version" I've changed the fonts for the nav and the text "xtdesign", darkered the right part, and made it 40px less tall. What do you think?
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    I can't see any difference really.
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Its not bad, however I like the font in the first one better, It gives it more character.

Member #
    And this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Still not fond of the background. Perhaps a more gripping image and make the diagonal/links a solid color.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    I like the first one more, the tigter height in the second works better though. As much as I like Century Gothic the first font has more style, (...as said by Glyakk)

I don't see why 'XTD' should have relate to 'extremely sexy design'... it's just a follow up slogan, and I think it's provocative and unique, just make sure it looks intentional, atm it almost looks uncertain/shy. Anyway this would depend who you're marketed towards ? ... the straight ecommerce work or the more fun and interesting projects.

Overall the header in general looks abit flat, you could easily mix in some of your Photoshop skills and play with the blending of the water, more colour variety etc, turquoise high-lights could look quite nice.

As for the rollover I imagine some sort of opacity fade/vivid glow or a sharp zesty colour change, (...which isn't orange) You need to make more space after the (+) sign so it doesn't blend into the word.

Lookin' forward to seeing the finished version.

[EDIT]
    Your first logo looked alot better...
    [/EDIT]

Member #
    Brak: what is more gripping? More catchy?
    The thing is that I would like it be more minimalistic than my previous work, so I used plain colors, and not drop shadows, glow effects, etc.
    I will try a version with the logo of the first, something I'm thinking now, and tighter(like version 3), and a space between the + and the word.

Now that you say it... I preffer to focus on sites that let me get "wild", like band sites, entertaiment, or certain areas of ecommerce, like Sony's VAIO's site: http://vaio.sony-europe.com/vaio_hub.html
    It's one of my favourite sites in design around. Not designs like the new CSS vault design (ugly for me).

I'm thinking of a slogan, something with "sexy".

Thanks to everyone for the replies!

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    http://s88169123.onlinehome.us/xtdesign/ <- I like this one.

The third version of this header your working on, it really isn't much different from the original one. Try my idea of lining the nav up with the diagonal line.
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

Member #
    zionlocke: Do you mean to put the links of the navbar in diagonal? I can't do that without image maps or hundreds of slices, and I don't like any of them

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads