Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    I've heard that some people could make up to $3600 a month off of AdSense. How does this work? Does anyone use this? Should I?
    Thanks!
    I WILL rule the world someday.
    My Blog!!!
    Check out the Leviathan Chronicles

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    They have to get a crapload of clicks (not necessarily pageviews) to get that kind of revenue. At that point, you're probably eligible for Adsense's premier version which allows you to customize the ads more and, IIRC, offers different payment structures.

I can't disclose how WDF does with Adsense revenue, but it's nowhere near that...and keep in mind a forum, by its nature, gets lots of pageviews compared to just static sites. It did help out recently with a $163 hosting bill for WDF.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Yes

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by max4999
    Oh yess! if you have a blog/site with good no. of visitors coming in, then you should use any of the ad networks to make money, you can consider this as an extra income! a decent site with original content & good no. of visitors can help you in earning sitting at home. why only adsense there are bunch of other ad networks like Bidvertiser, Clicksor, Oxado, YPN etc...
    Thanks for the info!

I heard AdBrite wasn't very good with targeting keywords. Has anyone used them? What's your opinion of them?
    My software never has bugs... It just has random features.
    Professional Website Design | Web Site Hosting
    The Green Speak Network | Live Green Forum

Member #
    I have heard also about this and my friend has receive some $ from google adsence

Member #
    To get that kind of revenue, these people are having hundreds of sites. Some are even using autoblogs which means they are making sites using software and scripts. Adsense isn't that profitable if you only have few sites or you should have sites that have high traffic.

Banned
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by John LA
    To get that kind of revenue, these people are having hundreds of sites. Some are even using autoblogs which means they are making sites using software and scripts. Adsense isn't that profitable if you only have few sites or you should have sites that have high traffic.
    Its not like that, If you have a website that experience huge traffic daily then you can generate good revenue through Adsense. for more details you can have read google adsense success stories at
    https://www.google.com/adsense/stati...S/Success.html

Member #
    Off course, For "AdSense" your website should be top ranked and should have nice amount of website traffic then you can earned something.

Member #
    Yes, Google Adsense is very targeted on it's keywords meaning the people at your site will see ads already relating to what they like. If you can get a whole bunch of people going to your site you could make a lot of money. Just put it up on your site, and see how many clicks you get per visitor amount. Then you will know the ration of what you need to make the amount you need.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Meh... I'm a naysayer. Most of the people making money off of AdSense in any significant amount are basically scam sites:

They set up a few hundred free blog sites (generally using something automated to register them all), then they use some other automated software to scour the web for keyword related content, use automated site scraping software to steal content from other legitimate media websites. Then have pages and pages and pages stuffed full of text links and banner network banner ads all over the place.

Surely you've seen these sites. They are the garbage websites you find when you do a Google search and when you click on a link expecting it to give you the info you need, instead you get some incredibly ugly site crammed full of garbage and tons of flashing ads and BS. And at the top of the page will be a ton of Google text links to other sites based on the very keywords you were just searching.

The game (as in gaming the system) is that a lot of people get tricked into clicking on the site because of a Google result will then click on a more relevant Google AdSense link somewhere at the top of the page and the site owner will get a couple pennies for every person who gets duped into clicking on one. Trick enough people a day on each site, own several hundred of them, and a scammer can make maybe $3600 a month off of it.

If you're interested in crapping up the internet with garbage websites in order to scam people, then go for it.

If however you have a legitimate website, unless you have 100,000+ visitors a day, AdSense isn't worth your time. You might make an extra $50.00 a month. On a typical (non-major media) website with legitimate content, that's all you can optimistically expect to make. That's not worth it to me.

I have a blog. It has quality content (Art at the intersection of Technology, Design and Digital Marketing... with occasional "cultural" content). I consult for large advertising agencies. It gives me credibility that helps me sell my core competency doing my consulting that pays exceptionally better that any trickle of money that AdSense could bring in (it's also an enjoyable endeavor). In general, ads ugly up a page. For a small player (ie. anyone who is not CNN), it takes a ton of ads on a page to generate even the smallest amount of revenue.

I go with no ads and let my site sell me as a culturally and technologically aware creative consultant. It helps build my personal brand.

I wanted to place a link here to an article I once read on Seth Godin's bog about why he doesn't feature any AdSense links or banner ads on his blog (he does include links to buy his own books from Amazon). I spent way too much time searching for it without luck. Instead I did find a good article on why it's fine to blog if it makes you no money (directly).

http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_b...althy-g-1.html

I recommend reading Seth's blog. I make a point to read it every day. I usually read it from an RSS reader on my iPhone while on cab rides to meet with clients. That's just me.
    Harmonic and ArranWood like this.
    My name is Chris Grayson. You can visit my website at: Art Director Or read my blog at: GigantiCo
    As an Art Director and Website Designer, I use many online portfolio communities, including:
    Chris Grayson at Coroflot Chris Grayson at Krop Chris Grayson at Behance
    I also invite you to follow me on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads