Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I was recently contacted by a certain energy drink to advertise on my site. Before I reply to their message I wanted to do a little research, since this is the first time I have considered advertising on my site (besides google ads).
    How do I go about knowing what amount to ask for? I have google analytics installed on my site. What stats should I show the company to prove what our numbers are? Are there any sites that could help me with this topic?
    thank you

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    It's a good thing that you got an offer. It means that the company sees your site as a feasible venue for their advertising.

It's hard to say how much you should price them. Most site would gauge their rates on PR, traffic, banner size, etc.
    OneIMS.com - SEO and Website Solutions
    ClickXposure.com - PPC Management

Member #
    There are different metrics and factors involved once trying to decide over running ads on sites and setting prices for them.

For example, are the ads in the form of text links or banners? Do the advertisers like seeing Pop-up and Pop-under ad units also or merely like normal ad impressions? The text links, how should be displayed, at the top, bottom, side bars of the pages? And tens of other questions.

Member #
    There are many parameters that you can give to them in terms of traffic that you site has. If they are really interested in advertising on your site, you can always give them a fair value per month and just let them open for negotiations.

Member #
    post your site and maybe we can all help you price it up =D, I usually base it on how much time it took to acquire my rankings or content on the site

Member #
    If they have offered you itís a good opportunity. Ask for a fare amount, how much exactly? Difficult to answer! Look at their offer and then negotiate.

Member #

Member #
    you need to show your site trafic page view and the click numbers of the ads. I think.

Member #
    dont short yourself, try to make them offer you a certain price and go from there

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Guys, the thread is almost 2 years old.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Remove Ads