Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ads

Member #
    I own www.bkriegtech.net. I've always had a problem getting customers. While this is a new layout, I must be missing something. I use google adwords to advertise.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    How much traffic are you getting? You should measure traffic vs. # of leads.

In my humble opinion, your problem may be something other than getting people to your website... it's more likely that the design of your website turns customers off.

Specifically, I feel that your site doesn't present your company as a professional, trustworthy source of hosting services.

My 2 cents.

Member #
    How so?

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Frankly, it looks like it was not designed by a professional web designer. It looks amateurish - like you built it in-house. Furthermore, some pages are "under construction", and some have an entirely different look (e.g. support). I think you'd do yourself a favor by having a professional web designer help you out.

Member #
    Well, my community page was lost in a migration by my hosting company that I rent servers from, so that is the reasoning behind that. The support section, I am trying to figure out how to use PHP includes to integrate that into my page.

I am a web design firm as well so hiring another company would be kind of pointless don't you think? I understand and appriciate your input but so far you're the only one who's said it looks amatuer.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Quote Originally Posted by athomas
    I am a web design firm as well
    Do what you want to do.

I'm just telling you... with my 10+ years of industry experience, and having been the creative director of an International corporation, and now a successful business owner myself.... you're not going to sell anyone your services with that website.

Maybe this is just a hobby for you. If so, have at it. If you want to make this a business, be willing to take criticism and know your limitations. You'll get ahead a lot faster that way.

Member #
    Well first, you don't need to be so abrasive.

What specifically would you change? I edited the customer login to be all in one area with my WHMCS package, so they have the support center and billing, so that is all one login page.

As far as the design aspect what is so terrible?

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Regarding the design, I don't think it's "terrible" - it's just lacking the finish of an expertly designed website, from start to finish.

Little things, like:
    • All of your graphics are extremely flat. The only gradient I see is in the BG. Give us some gradients... some pizzaz... you're a hosting
    • The margins are all off, they really need some major tweaking
    • What's with the huge space between the left column and the content?
    • the big blue underlined header is not working... it looks like a big hyperlink.
    • The blue-overkill isn't working for me. needs a second complimentary color
    • No photos in the content, save some icons
    • Your forms aren't formatted... they're misaligned and jumbled
    • Images in content placed inline with text without the "align" attribute set, makes the text align to bottom...
    • Navigation and Services are in one block, but Latest News and Links have separate blocks? Doesn't make sense.

And I could go on.

Main thing you have to keep in mind is that you're not PHP.net - you're not an informational or institutional site. You're a web host. You need some pizzaz, some glimmer, some excitement.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    PS - Abrasive or not, my opinion is valid. You can ignore it because I don't pat you on the back or you can accept the valuable insight I'm giving you and work with it.

Member #
    One suggestion regarding your website could be trying to have a look at the other sites active in providing web hosting services and see what points your site is missing actually.

For example, more high quality graphics should be added to your website and try using the navigation links which stand in better, bigger styles and add text effects to your web pages.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads