Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: mailing lists

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum on the site for this, and please refer me to which forum I should post this question in if it's not, but I'm looking for in suggestions on the best way to go about setting up subscriptions and a mailing list for my site. Methods which require me to do all the programming, as opposed to using third-party software, welcomed the most.

Thanks!
    -Ravage

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Here's how I do it...

1) Signup using name/email (the only two fields you really need). Name/email stored in database.
    2) Confirmation email sent.
    3) Link in confirmation email activated (this is known as double opt-in).
    4) Confirmation boolean field set in database to true for that user.
    5) Prepare emails and send, ensuring that opt-out link is always included in the email.

A privacy/information policy is also crucial here. Make sure you're clear on what you're going to do with the information, how often you're going to send emails, and that you're not going to sell user info.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads