Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi, I'm interested in advertising my site. I found a site that explains their advertising rates, but I'm a little confused. Here's the page explaining the pricing: http://www.writers.net/media_kit.php

The confusing part is that *footnote that says per 1000 impressions... so if I did the first package, does that mean I'm essentially paying $375 for 25,000 pageviews? And if so, why does it have the 3 or 6 month options...? Since there are time slots does that just mean my ad is up for 3 months and pay depending on how many pageviews happened in that time period?

Any help would be appreciated!

And also, "an impression" is just a pageview of the page with the banner, right? I'm completely new at this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Dude, forget the numbers...the fact that they're talking about how much they grew in 2002 ought to be a warning sign. Update your ad copy, for crying out loud!

But yes, your math and interpretation of the pricing appear to be correct.

The only possible misinterpretation is that of the pageview of the page with the banner. The impression only refers to the banner itself being shown, which means that if the banner is part of a rotator, you'll end up with more impressions, but a far shorter duration. It's not common, but I have seen it before.

Even for a targeted market, that's a pretty steep CPM, too. By comparison, Google Adwords charges roughly $8.00 eCPM for the sites I run. Granted, they're not writer sites, but it does suggest that you'd be able to find some good PPC keywords that would potentially be cheaper for you and guarantee traffic.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Hey thanks for the reply. Yeah the 2002 did seem a little sketchy to me too. I like the google idea. I know I can trust them. If google doesn't make you buy 25k or more that's even better so that I can test it out.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    They will let you buy smaller amounts (I think $50 is the minimum...I know it's nowhere near $25K).
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads