Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    I'm sick of all the crappy ad companies out there; I'm just going to start my own.
    Is there a free script I can use or do I have to code my own?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    There is an ad rotator script out there, but I don't think it's for ad networks and as far as I know only works on one site at a time. So you're going to have to code your own, and probably have a struggle on your hands. That's a really big pie you want to chew on.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    At least I hope it's apple pie, not meat pie (I'm a vegetarian)...

Seriously, this is a pie I want to be a part of.

Somembody else got a solution?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I would if I could remember what it's called. It has been several years since I've seen it (mostly because I build my own rather than hunting for stuff.)
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    well you know how to build your own...I don't so I hunt until I find it or give up

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    But at least you understand why I don't hunt.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    :P

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Look at how the others do it... All that I've seen use JavaScript to do the scripts... For client side... And numerous server side components for the actual content... Using it like this should allow you to make it as simple or as complex as you want

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Hmm...OK...do you think another ad company would have a possibility of being successful?
    I think I would hand pick the ads (for only the highest quality ones), I would pay people a high percentage (75%) of the profit, and I would make a low minimum payout of $10.

I would make sure all ads are high quality, no malware, no popups, or other crap like that.
    Do you think I could pull it off?

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    So you are thinking of joining the ranks of the same people that you were all but cursing just a few weeks ago ???

Let's see....

You will need advertisers that would be willing to pay you to show their ads... either by providing their ads to you somehow... or you creating them... most will want some kind of estimates impressions per ad per month ( so they can budget their funds )

Then you will need people willing to place your ads on their sites...most will want some kind of estimate for what their expected earnings will be based on impressions and or clicks...( this is what kills most small ad companies)... most have no clue how to estimate their traffic... and or payouts so they just "overguess" to make their program seem feasible... and then when it doesn't produce... the people get frustrated and leave the program ( sound familiar ? )

And then you will need somehow for both advertisers and site owners to check on their ad and site activity.. and progress and or payouts.... and a way to disburse funds to those that participate...legal agreements, financial statements, etc...

Sure.... go for it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads