Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Is there a way to provide location based advertising so i can control my ads on a site? I would like to base my ads on what the companies geographic location pertain too. any ideas?

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Who's your ad provider ? Not sure I fully understand the location. Most people that are concerned with geo location based advertising are doing it to provided targeted ads to visitors, nothing to do with the actual advertisers.

An exapmle of what you are trying to do might be helpful.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    thats just it, i dont want to use an ad provider i want to make my own

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    So how do you plan to get advertisers to list with you ?

From the few I've dealt with in the past, they all have mega budgets, but don't just throw the money around.

Tracking, tracking and more tracking is what they want, some have told me your site needs at least 2 million visitors a month, site must be in their target market before they will even talk to a site owner about advertising. Im sure their are others that will go with lower numbers, but you're going to have to prove to them your site is worth the effort, and all the tracking tools need to be available to them so they can monitor traffic stats.

I have dealt with some smaller ad companies that don't need all that, they just pay a flat rate per month, but the sites they advertise on are " target rich", meaning the entire site and all of it's contents are foucsed on a very small segment of visitors. Any visitor that stays on the site for more than one page is a potential customer.

Again, you have to have a site that gets a good bit of traffic for any of them to justify the $$

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    ya... maybe i guess ill go with google ads for now.. unless you know any good companies that dont post BS on ur sites.

Remove Ads