Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I wish to know if it makes a difference when you choose the type for your ad.

It is better to have your ad when people search google (side or on top) or it is better to have your google ad on other websites (the sites that have google adsense on it)?

Which gives better results ?

Regards,

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Depends completely on your target market... Most people tend to ignore ads as a whole... And depending on the market... Youll get more exposure in ads displayed other places than google.

Only once you have started running the ad campaign can you really tell the effectiveness of your choice.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Only once you have started running the ad campaign can you really tell the effectiveness of your choice.

So i am the only one who can answer that ? (After testing it).

Campaign is for a website that provides web design services.

Until now i have only tried the first option to show my ad in google search results.

regards,

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Hope youre using the local option... As that is a largely over saturated category ... Click through rates are pretty exhorbitant for the return.

Motions of others using it... Very few actually get qualified traffic from it as there are a lot more people looking at how to do web design than actually looking for companies that do web design.

You must get very creative with your filters to limit your ads from being displayed where you don't want them.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Hope youre using the local option... As that is a largely over saturated category ... Click through rates are pretty exhorbitant for the return.
    Yes, doing it !

Motions of others using it... Very few actually get qualified traffic from it as there are a lot more people looking at how to do web design than actually looking for companies that do web design.
    Have learnt this with experience.

You must get very creative with your filters to limit your ads from being displayed where you don't want them.
    Trying my best.
    What do you mean creative? Like how ?

Any other tips ?

Thanks for your comments.

Regards.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    From my experience (running service companies) when allowing Google to display on other sites, the majority of my calls were from people who found my ad on "Jobsite.co.uk" and many other employment sites. I've always stuck to the Google only and it's worked very well for myself, but as mentioned above it would depend on your industry.

If you're using it for web design services I'd recommend you to avoid this entirely. Majority of people looking for web design would ask friends or as recommendations. First try free methods such as Gumtree, adding your company to local listings etc - email friends and relatives, do a little networking on Linkedin and Facebook.

Paying per click on Google can really sum up a huge bill and I use mine for cleaning services, spending around 400.00 pcm in the summer months - but making back around 2000.00 from it in profit each month. People only google "cleaners in watford" if they're actually looking for cleaners, in Watford. Web design however is such a broad searchable keyword. If you're adamant you want to do it make sure you localise your keyword and include "services" or "paid services" etc, simply making the words website design searchable will include people looking for tutorials or help for their own sites. Also, don't forget your competitors. At the best of opportunities, Google ads is a great way for your competitors to rinse your budget by clicking daily on your links. Even if just once to see what you're all about, whether you're a threat to them - etc.

Ideally I'd just avoid it for website design but if you do go for it, think carefully first.

Maybe learn some SEO tips, even just the basics - and with some patience you can pull your site up through Google without the need to pay per click, when the majority of them will be empty clicks with no intention to actually order your services.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Thanks dustedpetalsx for your advice

I have already done seo and am ranking 8th for a keyword and page 3 for another keyword.

It is too competitive therefore i tried the adwords.

Guess gotto work more harder and smarter.

Regards,
    Thakkar

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    SEO is not something you're ever done with....

Why ? Because, there are so many out there that are looking at yours to see what you did, so they can repeat it an possibly replace you...

You should always be looking at the top 3-4 sites ( not Adwords links ), but organic links to determine what they did to get that position, and then attempt to do better so you can replace them...

Once you get to the top, you have to constantly monitor your placement and content to keep that spot...

I've had clients that I could never seem to get the top spot on, but was able to get the top spot on several related keywords that actually pushed some vertical markets that the client never thought about until I started working with them. Sometimes its just that there is really not enough content to compete... Sometimes it how the content is presented...

SEO is never a job that can just be "DONE"...

Member #
    Ad on google will give you very quality traffic. I mean if know the subject and choose keyword carefully with the high conversion rate of your webpage.
    Advertise on google partner sites will give you massive ex-poser. But not so targeted traffic. Advertise on youtube is very cheap, but conversion is key issue.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    What is google adwords and how does it benefit your website?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads