Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    296 times

Have you tried Amazon CPM Ads?

They are now pushing this type of advertising on their site. Has anyone tried them?

I know there has been a lot of news coverage about Amazon mistreating employees but most don't realize how prevalent this type of behavior is in the corporate world - hard to avoid without a strong union.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I haven't,and I won't. This is one of the few times the news has the right idea.

I live a short distance from the Amazon Mississauga fulfillment centre and my brother-in-law worked there...for about two weeks. He and 400 other workers walked out en masse when Amazon attempted to get them to work longer than 44 hours without paying overtime pay after having pushed them to ridiculous productivity levels.

That, in conjunction with their horrible APIs and ****-poor support, lead me never to want to use any of their stuff. I won't even buy products from them, and I'm not one for boycotts. I'm not even a fan of unions.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    Game, I have to agree at least in principal but how do we find good companies in the current Corp. world? Any suggestions?

I am working on moving on to making websites where I can offer better companies instead of Amazon, but it can be difficult to rate them and even impossible to find in some niches.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I really don't have any yet. I run Adsense and I have no issues with Google as a company, but it bothers me that I can't diversify and find other sources for similar ads.

I'm working on a project, however, and hopefully I'll have it done by the end of the year where I'll have at least partly solved this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    I really don't have any yet. I run Adsense and I have no issues with Google as a company, but it bothers me that I can't diversify and find other sources for similar ads.

I'm working on a project, however, and hopefully I'll have it done by the end of the year where I'll have at least partly solved this.
    I'm looking forward to seeing your results.

Remove Ads