Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Request from client

Hi, I just wanted to know if this was a fair request from a client or not.

I built a website for a client. She then came to me with a design for a single page to have her mailing list on - a graphic that her friend had done outlining the text, images of the page. Their page design was based on my original website layout (colours, graphics, alignment). I complied. I did the mailing list integration/buttons, built the page and I'm also hosting it.

Now that the page is finished, they are asking their friend instead be credited in the footer with a link to their site because they 'designed' the page. Is this reasonable?
    Last edited by dave31; May 11th, 2020 at 03:24 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dave31 View Post
    Now that the page is finished, they are asking their friend instead be credited in the footer with a link to their site because they 'designed' the page. Is this reasonable?
    Credit your self and "portions" by their friends? I guess that you borrowed some code and design from others, so you have to credit a bunch of people :-)

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    That sounds unfair. Rest you can make footer like "designed by (your link) in co-operation with (their friend's link)." IF you want to give the link. Other than that you can talk to your client about it and tell them that it is not going to happen OR you can simply write on that page with a line at the bottom right above footer (more like a small section) "this page is designed by (their friend)"

Remove Ads