Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Today is Tuesday, November 2, 2004; today, one of three things will happen: President George W. Bush will become reelected, Senator John F. Kerry will be elected president, or a breakdown and loss of confidence in the system like in 2000 will occur.

Every vote counts as we've seen. If you vote in the US election today (or earlier for 2004 via absentee ballot) and provide some proof of voting, you will be awarded with 20 turtle dollars. Simply reply to this post with such a statement and proof, and a moderator or myself will award you the TD.

If you post, remember two things:

1. WDF prohibits political or partisan debate. You can make generic comments such as "I don't know if the electoral college is such a good democratic system" but not "I hope that [my candidate] wins."

2. When providing proof, censor out your actual vote, if applicable. The proof can be anything that reasonably proves you voted, from a picture of you with a "I Voted" sticker to a poll receipt to whatever.

If you are not eligible to vote but a US citizen, register! Remember that 30% of the population may not vote. The US has nearly 300 million citizens.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    What if you perticipated in early voting?? I voted wendsday last week??

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I believe that after this election the electoral college system will come under a massive change.

I honestly see nothing but riots in store for America after the inevitable scandals that will follow this election with so many states bordering at near 50/50 pollings.

I think we proved last year that the electoral college system was good in the times when counting each vote was an exercise in futility. It's time for a change. It's been time for decades now.

That's my honest opinion... no matter the canidate that wins.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by glyakk
    What if you perticipated in early voting?? I voted wendsday last week??
    Simply provide proof and you're in.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Ahh this is awesome, 20 turtle dollars for voting! Take advantage of that guys, too bad I can't vote, I guess I'll get the turtle dollars next election, I'll be close to 20 years old then.
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    I'm giving myself 20 TD, cause I know I voted last week
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Darn, I don't have any physical proof... wasnt exactly keen to keep any memerobilia from my experiance unfortunatly. I can say it was in my old elementry school and we used the punch card type ballots.

Member #
    I hope [my candidate] wins!
    www.controlalternate.com - Web resources and free templates. www.chaosconcepts.net - Custom web and graphic design.
    www.blog.chaosconcepts.net - My Blog

Member #
    I dig the flag you have put in the header! looks cool.

Im not American but im checking out CNN to see whats happening. Looks way to close to call. I hope [a candidate] wins! :classic:

Member #
    [my candidate] [lost]or[won]! []-[]
    www.controlalternate.com - Web resources and free templates. www.chaosconcepts.net - Custom web and graphic design.
    www.blog.chaosconcepts.net - My Blog

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads