Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    With the upgrade to 2.3.0, I installed many of my hacks.

1. User-To-User Log: Logs private messages and e-mails that users send to each other. I only have the power to view the sender and recipient and when the message was sent; I can't view the subject or message itself. This is only here to protect members against spamming which happened here once to at least one unfortunate user.

2. Web Page Gallery (http://www.webdesignforums.net/wpgallery.php; add yours by going to your user CP): Allows you to add your site to a showcase of web pages by WDF users.

3. Googlebot Additions: Theoretically, Googlebot should be able to crawl virtually everything on the site now.

4. Canned Text (http://www.webdesignforums.net/cannedtext.php ; Canned Text in your User CP dropdown): Allows you to create up to 5 "canned" responses such as "This question has been asked, try searching." and such. To reply with canned text, click New Reply in the thread; the messages will be in a dropdown.

5. Top 10 Table (http://www.webdesignforums.net/top10table.php): This has been here for a few days; lists useless stats about members.

6. Turtle Dollars: This allows you to offer "dollar" (not actual money, unless that's what you want) offers on threads in certain forums (I have yet to disable offers in some forums). When somebody replies with a useful offer, you can award them the money you've offered in the thread. Everybody right now has 20 "dollars". You can view how much you have in your user CP.

That's mostly it. Comments? I expect a minor bug or two as well.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    The forums should now be set to accept dollar offers; all of the "help" forums can, the rest don't. Help forums are Graphics and Flash, PHP, etc., but not Chit Chat, Hosting Company Reviews, etc.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    OMG... That was the most stressful half hour of my life waiting for the forums to finish updating !!!

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    It only took 7.5 minutes

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Well I checked the site at about 5:08, and it said it would be down until 5:30.

I was like "NOOOO !!!!"

JR
    Member #
    cool new features esp. the website gallery :classic:,

i havent seen any of the dollars things though, do these only appear in threads you start yourself?
    JR

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Yes, and I've been watching and nobody's made a thread with an offer other than me.

Chit Chat now allows offers just so members can uselessly trade for no reason.

JR
    Member #
    ah i get it now, you can specify it when you post a thread and then if somebody gives a good answer you can pay them out of your own account....

sorry for being slow , i was in bed when all these changes were made last night :sleeping:
    JR

Remove Ads